Seven Pathfinder clubs from the Atlantic Union were among the 158 Pathfinder clubs from around the North American Division (NAD) and the British Union (United Kingdom) that took first place at the division-level Pathfinder Bible Experience (PBE) finals April 26 and 27. The finals were held at Rock Valley College in Rockford, Illinois.
A total of 209 Pathfinder clubs participated in this year’s PBE division-level finals. Eleven of the 12 clubs that placed first in the Atlantic Union PBE traveled to Illinois for the finals.
Hundreds of youth sacrificed and put countless hours of hard work into preparing, studying, and memorizing the Gospel of Luke for the opportunity to participate in this highly-anticipated annual event. While 240 teams qualified for division level, 209 participated in the testing. Of the 209 clubs that participated in the testing, 158 secured first place, 48 teams placed second, and three teams came in third. Placement is determined by the percent correct of the top-scoring team’s score: first place—90 percent correct; second place—80 percent correct; third place—70 percent correct.
The seven clubs from the Atlantic Union Conference that made first place and the conference they represent are:
- Amazon (Southern New England, Lancaster Portuguese)
- Brooklawn Eagles (Southern New England, Brooklawn)
- Centinelas de Dios (Greater New York, Central Mount Vernon)
- Connecticut Cougars (Southern New England, Connecticut Valley)
- Framingham United Youth (Southern New England, Framingham Centre)
- Meriden Missionaries (Southern New England, Meriden)
- Orion Bridgeport (Southern New England, Bridgeport Hispanic)
Other participating Atlantic Union Conference teams are:
- Armaduras de Jesus (Northeastern, Westbury Hispanic)
- Brockton Eagles (Southern New England, Brockton Oak Street)
- Maranatha Light Bearers (Greater New York, Maranatha)
- Sequoias (Greater New York, Manor Road)
All nine NAD unions were represented along with an unprecedented 43 teams from conferences and missions within the British Union. “One of the things that really surprised us is that there are so many clubs coming on an Oshkosh year. We anticipated attendance would be less, but we are pleasantly surprised that parents, families, and churches rose above and beyond the planning for Oshkosh to make Bible study and the celebration of young people learning scripture a priority,” Tracy Wood, NAD Youth Ministries director, told Myron Medley, NAD news writer/news producer.
Next year’s division-level PBE finals will be April 17-18 in Centralia, Washington. The study books for 2020 include Ezra, Nehemiah, Jonah, Micah, Amos, and Hosea. The Pathfinders will not be responsible for the following: Ezra 2, Ezra 8:1-14, Ezra 10:18-44, Nehemiah 7:7-63, Nehemiah 10:1-27, and Nehemiah 11:3-12:26.
Congratulations to all the participating clubs in this year’s division-level PBE. Special appreciation goes to the directors, parents, and volunteers who helped each team reach this goal.